MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini loses power and leaves me on the motorway

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  misstic79 
#1 ·
2007 S convertible with 48k miles on clock. Love the car, its like a rocket. Or it was.

The tank is 1/4, heading to the airport on the motorway with 60 mph and it lost power. The car slowed down and after 4-5 seconds it shoots out again like a rocket, back to normal. This happened about 3-4 times, the 4th time it didn't accelerated back it just stopped. I got towed home, I was afraid to drive the car (maybe lost oil or something I wasn't able to open the engine hood to check oil). No light came on, no signal nothing. At home, after it allowed me to open the hood I checked that it has water and oil I drove it within the city with no issue, I put more fuel in it got it to the service, they put it on the diagnostic tool, it showed no error, I take it home.

It doesn't make funny noise, i can start the car as usual and it goes normal in cruise mode on highway with 60 mph..2 days later the same thing again at 1/4 tank, just when I switched off cruise and wanted to give gas myself. lost power, slowed down to 20 mph. I put fuel again and drove another 70 miles on cruise with no problem...

what could it be? dirty fuel? malfunction of fuel indicator? supercharger bypass valve? timing chain tensioner?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.