MINI Cooper Forum banner

Halo Hedlights??

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dsakko 
#1 ·
Anyone know if there are F56 style halo headlights for the R56? And I'm not talking the projector headlights with the little halo just around the projector, I'm talking LED halo around the whole headlight :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Halo lights

On my 2012 S Roadster there's an option to have daytime lights which means the dipped headlights are on. I didn't want this facility which meant the alternator had to keep the battery topped up so I purchased self-adhesive LED lights and stuck them around the entire headlights. There's a 10mm gap between the light and bonnet (hood). The difficult part is wiring to the fuse box in the cabin and I haven't worked out how to switch them off when driving at night though they aren't excessively bright to dazzle.
The cost was GBP 55 and the parts are stocked by Halfords a national car and bike store.

#4 ·
Mini have produced a retrofit LED DRL for the R56 but it's a ring around the foglamp, not the headlamp, so you can't pretend you have an F56.....

The kit isn't cheap but the lights are excellent (ie, they actually work as DRLs, and are not just decoration that looks like DRLs) and the kit contains everything needed including a control box that switches them on in the daytime and off at night.

You can buy the kit at your dealer and get them to install them if you prefer.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.