MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini troubles :(

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dave_282 
#1 ·
Ive owned my Mini cooper S camden edition for a good 4 months now and have loved driving it around.

Lately it feels like ive been cursed. A week ago or so i came out from the gym to find someone had scraped my bumper and left some unslightly scuff marks along the drivers side :( noone left a note just drove off. Then driving to the airport over a tiny bridge my wing mirror got clipped by a white van man who didnt know how to do anyless then 50.

I was on my way to paris at the time so parked up at the airport got out and noticed scuff marks again on the drivers side wing mirror and that the mirror had come away from the housing and was looking inwards slightly. I tried to push it back in when it just popped off. Now i refitted it but when moving it with the electric motor it seems to always bloody catch on the top and the right of the housing and i cant seem to get it into a good position like it was, it seems all attached the the puck and i even broke one of the clips messing around with it :(. Anyone came across such a problem and know what im doing wrong?

After breaking the clip i went to the boot to get a cloth out just to wipe down the glass when the parcel shelf swung out, now all of a sudden one of the little runners on the side that slots into the boot isnt there! probably from when i purchased it but i didnt even look back then. Where can i purchase just this part rather then an entire boot shelf?

I feel like the world is against me owning nice things right now, i was gonna go out for a meal in a little country pub but i declined because im sure ill just end up flipping it or something.

Help a guy out

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.