MINI Cooper Forum banner

Oil Consuption

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dave_282 
#1 ·
When I first had my mini cooper S R56 serviced at a mini garage they told me it uses 1 litre per 1000 miles. Compare that to an audi R8 which uses a litre to 3000. This is very high. I checked my oil yesterday after 2 weeks, around 800 miles. And it was very low, I topped it up with a litre and the level looked good again. Anyone else use a litre of oil a fornight or have problems with this level of oil usage?

#2 ·
Yes they use a lot, you need to keep on top of the level and check it at least weekly if youre doing a fair mileage, fail to do so has seen many an engine written off Im afraid.
Folk seem the think a car will go from one service to the next without ever having to lift the bonnet unless a fault occurs, thats the basic problem.
Whats the significance of the Audi R8? not many folk can afford one and those who can dont need to worry about oil usage surely, "loads a money"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.