MINI Cooper Forum banner

To Stripe Or Not to Stripe?

7K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  RuttPops 
#1 ·
Good day!
I have a Mellow Yellow R56 with white Bonnet stripes edged in Black..
Question: What about the Boot Stripes? Opinions on adding the Boot stripe. I haven't decided yet on the overall look of the car with the boot stripes. Anyone have a Mellow Yellow R56 with boot stripes? Pics?
thanks!
You'll notice I said Boot stripe a bunch there?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Ah, sorry, just seen the pic.

My opinion is they only work when thick and close together but not so good when thin and wide apart.... But that is my opinion.

Take a pic of yours and photoshop it then decide as its your car so yours is the only opinion that counts

#12 ·
I went to a MINI gathering a few years back. There were over 300 MINIs and no two alike. You may not find a picture of what you want. Put the stripes on and if you do not like them, remove them. Each car was made to be an individual. They start as a base model then all are different to start. Enjoy you personalization of your car. Sometimes, I use paper in the color I want and lay it out for a perspective.

#14 ·
Residue

FYI... Not sure for all but mine left residue on my hood and trunk. I have a 2013 but I removed the stripes last year so they were on for about 2 years. It was not hard to remove but just peel slowly and use Goo Gone. You can barely see the residue unless you're trying to look for it. Don't let this scare you away, I still like my car without the stripes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.