MINI Cooper Forum banner

Blank Sat Nav screen

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  David Mc 
#1 ·
Hi, a few weeks ago the resister went on my 2007 convertible sidewalk sport. When I collected it from the garage the sat nav didnt come on, the screen is lit but nothing else, the CD unit under passenger seat is on but the disc seems to not be turning.. do i need to upgrade the sat nav cd or is the whole unit faulty??

We have checked fuses and that all wires are connected. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
The laser pickup head can die in these units. Normally if the CD is either incorrectly formatted or missing from the unit, the screen will prompt you to insert the nav CD. BMW ditched the DVD units in later models and installed a hard drive instead, but I think this had more to do with the fact that DVD type nav disks are easy to come by and don't require an FSC security code to update like the hard drive based units. Run a diagnostic on the car and it should tell you if the problem is elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.