MINI Cooper Forum banner

Hard cold start, HPFP replaced ~10 months ago.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  barkerm87 
#1 ·
Hello All!

I've been a lurker for about 3 years- I have an R56, 2008. I've had the HPFP replaced under warranty, about 10 months ago.
My darn Mini is having such a hard time with cold starts. Well, sometimes, like today- all day starts! I have been trying on and off through the day to get it started, with no luck!

I had it looked at by my Indy in town, and they checked the fuel pressure from both pumps, and they checked out. They also thought maybe a coolant thermometer was faulty, but OF COURSE, the car started all three days that they had it at the shop- left outside as well. They think that maybe it needs to be de-carbonized, which I have been looking into.
Here is a quick video of it trying to start: apparently not--- forum won't let me upload.

I spoke with my MINI dealership (2 hours away), and they recommended putting some Techron in until I can get the car up to Calgary.

Just thought I would pick the brains of you amazing people! I am super frustrated. It seems like everything that can go wrong on this car (and lord knows- that is a LOT!) I am having having every issue- HPFP, leaking oil lines to the turbo , my right front blinker is being fed constant power from the FRM, so that will have to been reprogrammed or replaced.
I always wanted a MINI- but now, now I think I need to get rid of it!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.