MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Cooper Owners Roll Call....

98K views 262 replies 121 participants last post by  ADOR 
#1 ·
So come on, all you lucky owners who've taken delivery of your new MINI Coopers, say hello, and if you're feeling generous post some pics and driving impressions for the rest of us!

:)

#221 ·
Hey all,

Pepper White roof/ mirror caps in body colour. Chilli Pack incl:
Carbon Black Cloth Leather Upholstery
5 Star Blaster Alloys
Chrome Line Exterior
Velour Floor Mats
Passenger Seat Hight Adjustment
Sport Seats
Storage Compartment
Climate Control
Xenons
Extended Light Package

What I would have listed as well Anthracite Roof lining and Auto dim Rear view mirror...

#222 · (Edited by Moderator)
mine.....BOG STANDARD! as couldnt afford any extras when ordering. but gradually getting her there. spec atm is:
Bonnet stripes
Audi style grille (on 12th Dec)
De-Chromed belt line
Dechromed front rings
Dechromed rear rings
Colour coded boot handle (12th Dec)
Black rear diffuser (this weekend)
12" sub
18" mania racing bellagio wheels
JCW front pads
JCW Aero Kit
Stick-on number plate (to avoid ruining the aerodynamics of the kit lol)
Blue interior light
matte-black aero grill surround
JCW Chequerd Mirrors
K&N Apollo induction

boot install to come in new year

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/adam_randell/New shhot/IMG_8387.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/adam_randell/New shhot/IMG_8382.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1066/33/16/501841972/n501841972_1207340_6858.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1066/33/16/501841972/n501841972_1207342_7439.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1066/33/16/501841972/n501841972_1207355_1209.jpg

#223 ·
Hi Everyone,

Took delivery of my Chili Red 2009 MC the end of October, and she's been all I hoped from a MINI. A real blast to drive, and no problems mechanically. The only complaint I have is with the windshield wipers of all things, specifically the lack of multiple intermittent wiper speeds which is a pretty standard feature in all cars these days. We had a very bad rain storm in Boston yesterday, and at the top regular wiper speed, it could barely keep up. It was very nerve racking! The wipers themselves tend to squeak when there is little water on the windshield which others have commented on.

When I was thinking about purchasing a MINI, a big decision was the MC or MCS. I went with the MC because of it's better gas mileage, and smoother ride. My nephew has a 2008 MCS (in the enclosed photo), and I spent some time test driving his. It definitely has more pop off the accelerator, but once up to cruising speed, is definitely not as smooth and noiser than the MC.

Since this thread is for MC owners, would like to hear how you decided to buy the MC over the MCS.

Also got the Sport and Cold weather packages, black bonnet stripes, center arm rest, sport
seats, front fog lights, the Invisishield to protect the paint on the nose of the MINI, and the alarm.

It will be interesting to see how she handles the coming New England winter! My dealer said to wait and see if I think I need snow tires. All my prior cars were real wheel drive, and those definitely needed them!

Happy Holidays to all my fellow MINI owners! :)

Jim from Boston

Attachments

#228 ·
Hey.
Just joined MINI2 the other week, clearly because I absolutely adore Mini's! I don't currently own one (and haven't ever!) but I'm thinking of trading my car in for a 2nd gen. one.
My question is, would I be better off getting a Mini One or a Mini Cooper? I'm 20 & I'll only have been driving my current car for 2 years in April, so my main concern is insurance costs. Any advice would much appreciated :)

#230 ·
Only 23 hours away from picking up my first MINI: :D

MINI Cooper D
Sparkling Silver metallic
Cloth/Leather Ray Carbon Black
17' Crown Spokes, Black
Roofspoiler
Roof and mirrors black
Tinted glass
Sportsuspension
Multifunctional steeringwheel leather
Sportseats, heated
Colourline darkgrey
Interiorroof anthracite
Sportbutton
Rain- and lightsensors
Xenon headlights
Airconditioning, automatic
Lightingpack
Radio MINI Boost CD
Hifi soundsystem
White siderepeaters
Chili pack
MINI portable navigation
Black racestripes on bonnet and boot

Cant wait....:D

#231 ·
Hey Guys,

Got mine 4 days before christmas :D and really love it!!! I think its the only best christmas present i ever got :D just looks soo cool to be in drive and looks beautiful.

It's got Additional Decor Rings

CHILI Pack

Chrome-Line Exterior

Colour Line Dark Grey

Heated Mirrors/Washer Jets

Interior Trim Brushed Alloy

Metallic paint

Roof In Body Colour

White Indicator Lenses

JCW Body kit :p

Also congratulations with your new mini;s guys :D

Attachments

#232 · (Edited)
Hi folks my wife picked up her cooper on saturday , absolutely loves it red with black roof on rotaters been a golf girl for years and wanted a change . Blasters on the way and a chrome filler cap retrofit kit to be fitted.I love the way the car goes through a series of bends . lovely! so quiet compared to my diesel A4 but then it has a boot.

#233 ·
Hi everyone
Heres your next newbie for the forum.
I went out today to get a cheap runaround to have as a second car when I can't be bothered with my Saab Convertible.
Guess what happened!! Yes I fell in love with a little silver number with black roof. Chilli pack M/F steering wheel Flame wheels etc etc I can't believe the quality and feel of this car. It is everything my colleague at work has been on about.

Will have to wait to pick it up on 1st March (09) which is a big problem because I am so excited I feel like a kid the night before Christmas (I am 52).

My first car was also a mini... Well the bits that weren't newspaper, ally mesh and catty was.

I am looking forward to this new Mini experience :)

#234 ·
Hey all,
After driving a '95 volvo 850 for 12 years, finally got the mini cooper I have wanted for so long. BRG with a black roof, double sun roof, cold weather package. Very simple, bought right off the lot. Having a lot of fun. Happy to be a member of the club. Great forum.

#235 ·
Hey!
Just joined MINI2 and also the exclusive 'MINI Owners Club'... Picked up my belated xmas present on Monday and i'm loving it!!
MINI Cooper 2nd Gen
Astro Black (2008 Model but 2009 Reg)
Roof in Body Colour with Crome Mirror Caps
17" Crown Spokes
CHILLI Pack
Cream Colour Line
Piano Black Interior Trim
Darkened Rear Glass
Chrome Line - Interior & Exterior
White Indicator Lenses

Thinking about having a Roof Decal... i've seen a silver union jack, and also some more fog lights on the front grille..... worried about high labour costs and maintanence of both, would appreciate any info regarding either!!

Can't wait for my next MINI Adventure!!

#239 ·
Hi All- just ordered a three year old Cooper for the Mrs to park alongside my BMW 1-series and picking it up at the weekend. We already love it and I'll be scouring the forum for tips and advice...

#242 ·
Went saturday to test drive 09 cooper s with just under 10k on the clock , going back next saturday to collect so can get funds etc sorted. Was well happy with the power! just seemed to want to go!!! aww it be hard trying to good in it, got to look after it thought. The handling seemed mint! reckon you could throw it round a corner. Didnt have to long so couldnt take everything in, heard people on here say about the turbo ( do you get that dump valve sound?? ) aww!! going to be a bit different from my w reg sazo vtr ha ha

Car - dark grey with black roof and mirrors , 17" wheels , chili pack , bluetooth , dark back windows.

Can anyone recommend what mats I should go for? unfort you cant see decent pics off the mini website , I do like how the rubber mats look like? and for cleaning them also i thought? unfort i wear big work boots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.