MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Cooper Owners Roll Call....

98K views 262 replies 121 participants last post by  ADOR 
#1 ·
So come on, all you lucky owners who've taken delivery of your new MINI Coopers, say hello, and if you're feeling generous post some pics and driving impressions for the rest of us!

:)

#247 ·
Mini Cooper - 26 hours to pick up

Collecting my new (used) Mini Cooper tomorrow and am ridiculously excited for a man of my age!

Used all sorts of excuses for justifying the purchase from downsizing, fuel economy, daughters car (she's 15), easier commuting but in the end I just wanted one.

I thought Lightning Blue was the best colour and found one locally very easily (first and only one I drove - hopefully won't regret that but it is from BMW/MINI dealer).

Brief Spec is:
Lightning Blue/White Roof
Chrome mirrors
Panoramic sunroof (heard some horror stories!)
Chilli Pack

More photos to follow once I am in possession.

Attachments

#251 ·
A friend of mine was very enthusiastic about receiving his new Mini Cooper S with many additional extras. In total he paid 25 000.00 for it and took possession of it at the end of June 2010.
To his horror a few weeks ago when washing the car he opened the bonnet only to find that most of his wiring had been gnawed. The vast majority of the wiring is covered with a soy based tape which apparently is a "rodent delight", yes mice, squirrels and even rabbits go mad over it. He was devastated. He took the car back to BMW where he had purchased it and a temporary repair (only the wires they could get at) were covered in a different tape which cost him 500.00. This is not covered by the warranty.
The car was used every day and was garaged.
The strange thing is he has had many BMW's parked in the same garage for over 12 years and has never had this problem. My car an older Honda and has been parked in his yard for 2 years and never had a problem.

So all I can say is the best of luck with yours.

#254 ·
Going to be a Cooper own once again!
pick up my new beast on tuesday!

2009 (58 plate) Cooper Mellow Yellow/Black roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes
JCW aero body kit
17" flame Gloss black alloys
chili pack
PDC
Chrome line int & ext
colour line cream white
piano black trim
tuscan beige full leather
Panoramic sunroof

Attachments

#260 ·
Had mine over a year now love it. Full chilli pack cruise control electric windows central locking air conditioning half leather cream sports seats. Thinking of getting brake calipers done red, any thoughts.
Going to be a Cooper own once again!
pick up my new beast on tuesday!

2009 (58 plate) Cooper Mellow Yellow/Black roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes
JCW aero body kit
17" flame Gloss black alloys
chili pack
PDC
Chrome line int & ext
colour line cream white
piano black trim
tuscan beige full leather
Panoramic sunroof
Nice car!!

#256 · (Edited)
Proud new owner from Texas

Took delivery on a Light White 2012 Countryman S in Late September after placing an order with the factory in July. So far am impressed with the build quality. Interior has a lot of plastic, but I knew that going in. Yes, it is quirky. Yes, it is fun (6 speed manual)! Seats are sport leatherette, they are okay for comfort. Also got the connected package. While not a huge fan of this package, I must say that it is entertaining but somewhat of a distraction. The Harmon Kardon upgrade rivals my Bose system in previous 2000 Nissan Maxima.

Cars name: Big Country Liberty - as for the traditionalists Mini owners, cut me some slack, I'm from Texas and drive a truck and suv's, but love Mini.

Attachments

#263 ·
I just got one for the family.

2008 Clubman, NA engine, auto, 16" rims and has the steering wheel shifter. I have a few plans for it but I have been getting a few missing things for it like the factory floor mats. (got the back, just need the front now) and a tow hook. Got one more tool that was missing from the foam in the rear to replace. Got the P0015 code popping up then going away so I have been reading up to see if it's just the sensor, the timing chain or the vanos valve causing it.

I like the way it handles very well, looking into adding a little more N/A pep to it. Still exploring what is available for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.