MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Cooper Owners Roll Call....

98K views 262 replies 121 participants last post by  ADOR 
#1 ·
So come on, all you lucky owners who've taken delivery of your new MINI Coopers, say hello, and if you're feeling generous post some pics and driving impressions for the rest of us!

:)

#6 ·
Ok.

Two days in.

Yesterday a quick drive to town, but first of all a good look around.

Outside - looks good. The new moulded side skirts are a great improvement sover standard R53 cooper ones. The profile of the boot area has a much more pronounced "bump" below the rear windscreen - different but ok. The rear mini spoilers around what was the wrap round glass area are ok as well - materials used seem of good quality. The standard cooper rear spoiler is good.

The front end is similarly pleasing, but note that you still get a fried egg effect with the optional clear indicator lenses - I've now put silver bulbs in that magically flash orange.

Inside - definitely a step up in quality. The custom lighting is a nice touch. I love the start/stop button. Much more room in the foot well - standard seats very comfy. In fact, combined with the rake and height adjustable steering wheel, I've now got a driving position which I think is the best I've achieved in any car (I've got short legs, long body and average arms!!!!!!! (the bells, the bells) but the R56 is up to this combination.

The radio appearanced which has been a cause of some concern is much better in the flesh. The grey plastic has a nice understated sheen to it and it feels solid. The radio quality is better than the old wave but inferior to the aftermarket job I had in the R53.

Having customisable keys is a nice touch.

But folks driving it?

Would the steering be woolly?

Would the engine be "gutless" as some on these forums have ventured?

Would the improved ride be at the expense of taut handling?

Answers no, no and no.

The steering - I can't detect much, if any difference from the R53.

The engine is great - even keeping below the 4000rpm for running in it has some poke. You always feel that the engine has got a hold of you.

The ride - much more refined than the R53, but on my regular drive to and from work today I can confirm this beauty sticks to the ride just look the old 'un.

I'm running 15" wheels without the uprated suspension.

Am I happy?

Waddya think?

#14 ·
Wife's new Mini Cooper

Hi All,

Many thnaks for providing me with all the relevant infomation above the R56 Cooper. The dealer's were next to usless....

Collected the car on Tuesday, very nice.....my wife is not that interested in cars, but even I could detect a little bit of excitment, collecting her Cooper. Pictures attached.... very favourable comments so far.

Attachments

#22 ·
Yes! Another thread where I can post pictures of my new baby :D

Spec:

MINI Cooper Chili Red / Black
17" Flame Spoke Alloys
JCW Aero kit (comes with JCW sill plates - tasty!)
White indicators
Black Mirrors & bonnet stripes
Darkened Rear Glass
Carbon Black Leather Lounge
Piano Black Dash
Cream White Colour Line
Chili Pack
Sat Nav
Auto Air con
Chrome line interior
MINI Hi Fi System
Multi function steering wheel
Exterior Mirror Pack
DAB Digital Radio
Smoker pack
ASC+T

#25 ·
At last! - I picked up my Astro Black Cooper yesterday afternoon :)

I sold my last Cooper over a year ago so it's difficult for me to offer a direct comparison, but the suspension does seem to absorb the bumps better. I had 16" alloys and sport suspension last time - I really wanted 17" alloys for the R56 because of the bigger wheel arches, so I opted for crown spokes and standard suspension. Add the chili options pack plus a multi-function steering wheel and that's my full spec.

No photos yet, but I will try to gather a few images at the weekend (when I finally get to see it in daylight!)

:smile:

Pete

Who's next?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.