MINI Cooper Forum banner

2008 clubman 1.6 engine question

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ADOR 
#1 ·
I haven't had my clubman long and I have been trying to figure out a few things on it.

We have had it for less than 2000 miles now and the caution triangle came up while I was gone to work. From time to time the check engine light comes on. But after 4 restarts (it doesn't matter if it's back to back or spaced out during a trip to town) the check engine light will go out.

Using my bluetooth code reader with my phone and the usb code reader with my toughbook laptop I come up with P0015 "B" Camshaft
Position -Timing Over-Retarded Bank 1

I cleared the code, and it popped back up the same day. On the way back from town today the caution triangle and engine check light are both out. Car has ran fine every time.

I see this could be the sensor, the timing chain issue (I have no real death rattle sounds that I could tell of) or the vanos valve acting crazy.

Out of these items anyone who has had one similar what did you do to fix the problem. I am looking at getting a sensor and going from there, or would it be best to check the chain? I plan on keeping this car for a good long time.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.