MINI Cooper Forum banner

R56 Front Spots Lights

36K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  johnboy7 
#1 ·
Im considering these as a future mod on the new car (the car I dont get for another 4 months :p :eek:)

How much should they be?

Can you fit them yourself, or do they have to be coded? Bearing in mind I fitted (well my uncle did :p) a set of Hella Spots to my old ONE with no problems, ive still got them but i guess they wont fit?

For the Dooper do you have to have a different Grille?

#4 ·
With the phrase 'its not what you know its who you know' I can get a bit of a discount :D

As far as I am aware you need a replacement grille no matter what model R56 you have.
I just remember reading in Auto Express about a woman ranting on about them not having any new grilles, thats how i found that bit out :eek: :p Didnt realise it was all models though? Another interesting money making scheme i guess!

So can they be fitted as a DIY job or does the dealer actually need to do it?

#8 ·
'Ring' Spot Lights

Does anybody know where I can get hold of the spot lights that light up in a 'ring' for the R56? I've seen them on a photo used on the MINI2 homepage a few times in the header graphic.

I've looked everywhere and emailed everyone to no avail.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Trevor:)

#10 ·
I am think of getting a set of spots when I get my R56 Cooper, because when I was coming home from MINI in proper darkness and it was pooring down with rain the headlights are useless.

I know this because we had a R56 Cooper with Spots as a courtesy car and could see quite a difference when we were on the same road with my mum's R56 Cooper without spots, and even my brother says that he was to drive up the lane to where we live with his fogs on (when nobody coming) so that he can see the curbs and road markings properly. (because of how the headlight/bulbs are designed to work.)

Tom.

#11 ·
I fitted these myself about 6 weeks ago, the fitment of the spots is fairly straight foward, completing the wiring is a pain in the Ar$e, and once completed you do need to get them coded, my dealers charging me £40

As for the price of the spots, I got mine on ebay for £80 incl delivery, and they are genuine MINI Accessories :D the guy has had a few sets, so it could be worth giving him a call :)

eBay My World - kk1311

Hope this helps

Jp :)

#22 · (Edited)
spot lamps

spot lamps on the r56 model picks up it feed from the lighting module in the footwell on the nearside behind the kick trim got a mate to print off wiring diagrams on how to wire them up from my local bmw dealer also checked with them and confirmed no need to configure and also tells you in the instructions as well.
also fitted new grill to make job easier grill comes with brackets to mount spot lights so they fit in the right place note had to remove and swap over chrome parts over to new grill

#26 ·
Got em fitted !!!! What do you guys and gals think ????? I've fitted them yo a second aero grill, so i've got the clean look (no spots) and this one for those special ILLUMINATED mini adventures. Not wired em yet as i just needed to live with em for a while first. Lovin these clip in/clip out grills!!!!

#29 ·
Got em fitted !!!! What do you guys and gals think ????? I've fitted them yo a second aero grill, so i've got the clean look (no spots) and this one for those special ILLUMINATED mini adventures. Not wired em yet as i just needed to live with em for a while first. Lovin these clip in/clip out grills!!!!

Very Nice Specky!!!!!! :D

They look good Specky! :nice: Did you fit them yourself? :)
As far as I am aware, he fitted them himself Jo, and he'll have fun wiring them up too.

Hope the circuit diagram will be of some help. :)

#28 ·
Im considering these as a future mod on the new car (the car I dont get for another 4 months :p :eek:)

How much should they be?

Can you fit them yourself, or do they have to be coded? Bearing in mind I fitted (well my uncle did :p) a set of Hella Spots to my old ONE with no problems, ive still got them but i guess they wont fit?

For the Dooper do you have to have a different Grille?

Dun dun dunnn......yea you need a new front grill. Oh the fuss! lol

#32 ·
I have just received a load of marketing bumph from my 'stealer', obviously after a months ownership they feel I should be getting a few bells and whistles.

According to this the aditional headlights weigh in at an astonishing £405 yes £405.:eek:

I may phone them to see what this actually includes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.