MINI Cooper Forum banner

Is it easy to replace the whole fog light unit

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chopper_harris 
#1 ·
Hi there.

This is probably somewhere else on the site but i cant find it. So im posting my own.

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper and like most its age, The side/foglights at the bottom of the bumper are foggy and have a little bit of water in them.

So far i have chose to leave it as they still worked perfectly fine and i didnt have much cash. But now on of the side lights is being effected, the bulb sometimes works and sometimes doesnt, Ive replaced the bulb with a new one and the same happens. So its obviously something to do with the connection being damp. Ive seen online that the fog/side light units can be brought quite cheaply. But wondered if this was an easy job to take the old unit out and fit new? Has anyone done this?

Thanks Jamie

#2 · (Edited)
It is disappointing how few technical questions receive a decent answer on this site.

Here is one I prepared earlier - I had exactly the same problem.

The fog units are secured to the bumper with three torx screws, and the lens itself by two plastic spring clips which can be opened with finger pressure.

Use a flat blade to separate the lens from the plastic body.
I used alloy wheel cleaner to remove the aluminium oxide gunk.

prime and respray with silver rattle can, use clear silicon to reattach the lens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.