MINI Cooper Forum banner

Build up of rain water...

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bluemonkey227 
#1 ·
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Auto part

Getting this build up of rain water on the front right (looking at the car from the front) in-between the windscreen and the bonnet as shown.

Is this suppose to drain off or does this happen on all mini's?

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello! Does anybody know where the bottom of the above drainage hole comes out? Mine has got a bit of gunk in it. I've pushed a wire quite far down but can't see it appear underneath? I can hear water trapped somewhere when I get in my car and put my foot down to drive off - almost like water is swishing back and forth somewhere - not sure if it's stuck in the bottom of the above vent?

Thank you

#6 ·
The water drains into the Plenum Chamber. Which is a wide open space between the engine bay and the cabin. It houses the battery, wiper motor etc. The water is surpose to fall into this space and then leave through large drain holes at the bottom. However these can get blocked up and the water starts to fill this space. Eventually you can have water leaking into the cabin as it overflows into the air intake for the heater. The scuttle needs to be removed and the holes need unblocking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.