MINI Cooper Forum banner

This don't look right to me.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Angib 
#1 ·
Last night I picked up my 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman. Tonight i noticed something very odd and possibly wrong. A friend told me I only had one reverse light (it just passed the safety 2 days ago). On closer inspection i saw that only the right side tail light had a clear lens for a back up light. The left lens is all red. Is this a quirky thing with the Mini or should I talk with the dealer?

Avro

#9 ·
Which is even more baffling when they give you pair of each in the LCI Cooper S hatch. Perhaps the bean counters had a days holiday when they finialised the hatch equipment.

#10 ·
I know when they are working out costs on car builds it goes down to 0.1p saving if we do this instead of that, so they do, then they probably realised they had written in the light suppliers contract to order a certain quantity so had to have them, they then changed back and fitted both units to use up the stocks before the next update so they didnt end up with thousands kicking around in the stores, sounds daft, but thats how they work sometimes.

#11 ·
It seems more likely to me that S models have twin reverse/fog lights as a styling feature that helps distinguish those models from regular Coopers.

It seems to be the different appearance of S models that many buyers (and many forum members here) want, not the engines that go with them. 50p extra on fitting twin lights is great value for Mini if they can convince buyers to pay hundreds of pounds extra for that appearance....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.