MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mirror cap

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Caveman 
#1 ·
Hi all,
First time on here- any help is appreciated!

Someone recently side swiped my left hand mirror and drove off :(

Luckily the mirror itself is still attached the the body of the car however i lost the glass on the front and the chrome coloured cap i had on the back (see attached photos).
I live in Sydney, Australia and basically need advise on how to fix this the cheapest way possible!

I had the mirror assessed by a mechanic and he said i should be able to just purchase the mirror glass and the mirror cap.

I have been calling around wreckers but have had no luck… Caps on ebay are around $250 to be shipped from the UK.

Does anyone know where i can get cheaper Caps ( not covers) or should i just replace the whole thing which was quoted $500 by BMW?

Hate that i have to pay for this as i didn't do anything :(

Thanks so much

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What price is the dealer quoting for just the cap and glass?

I found a US based seller (parts4export) on ebay.au with auctions for 1st Gen Mirror Caps. You might want to contact the seller regarding availability and pricing for the parts you need.

Needless to say shipping to Australia is expensive. If you can't find the parts at a breakers, you're only choice is to pay dealer mark-up or importation costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.