MINI Cooper Forum banner

Sprintbooster for MINI Cooper R56

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Gacek191 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone had a Sprintbooster on their car? I currently have a r56 Cooper S and have been thinking of getting one for a while but wanted to know whether they actually make a noticable difference? Also I have had my car chipped, so i was wondering whether if this would make the Sprintbooster less effective?

Any reply would be grateful!!

Thanks

#2 ·
The sprint booster in my opinion is a great product. I had one in my R56 cooper and made a night and day difference. When i bought my Cooper S i installed it in that and was very dissapointed. It makes the car feel like its on crack. Its like you drag off of every set of lights which causes you to almost crash every two minutes. It may be nice once you are used to it, but it seemed a bit raw for me and made the car overboost anytime i touched the pedal, as the overboost is induced by the speed the pedal is pushed down, and where the Sprint Booster was designed to speed up the throttle signal it throws overboost all the time. Some may like it but if your anything like me you will probably hate it as it steals the cars drivability.

#4 ·
I took mine off 5 minutes after i installed it as it was just too raw and made the car to aggressive to drive in busy traffic. Raw and aggressive is a good thing but this was taking the biscuit. I think the best thing for you to do is possibly try one but its alot of money to spend to not like the product and you get next to nothing for them second hand should you decide to sell it. I should be able to put you in touch with the sole Uk supplier where i got mine as i talked them into doing it trade and got one for £87 +VAT instead of £195.

#6 ·
I will try and hunt down the number for you. Basically overboost is Boost over the ammount of its normal fuction so to speak. Basically when the driver demands more power by pushing thier right foot faster and harder towards the floor it will boost at 15PSI instead of 11PSI as the car knows you need more power due to your foots demand for it.

Thats the simplest way to explain it without technical.

#9 ·
Sorry. I sold it a while ago now. I put it on my car the day after i got as i still had it from my cooper. I took it off after a five minute drive to get fuel in the station it was that bad then sold it to a friend of mine for his R53. On that it worked great just felt wrong on the R56.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.