MINI Cooper Forum banner

2011 cooper s tuning.

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Mini_me_123 
#1 ·
Hi guys only just registered on here as its a very useful forum. I have a 2011 black cooper s that I've had since September and I love it. It's done 35000 and I'm looking at making it a little faster, I was looking at a stage one remap and have just a few questions.
What kind of bhp are we looking at around 205 or something ? Does it make the car feel a lot quicker? How's your mpg after? And how does it affect sport mode? Does having a remap mean you only get the full effect in sport mode?
Lastly do you have to use super unleaded after a remap?

Thanks in advance for any advice/experiences you've had.

#17 ·
I went to angel tunning in Banbury (near Oxford) as a mate of mine had a 07 plate cooper s done there. Let's just say the car may or may not go off the clock now ?.

I had a completely custom map done and asked for a mix of economy and performance. I don't want to get in to changing stock parts on the car except maybe a cone filter so I asked for it not to be so drastic that stock parts can't cope with the performance. The bloke claims he could have got a fair bit higher than 229

Economy, well as you can imagine I drive less than conservatively but my average mpg on the gauge remains the same around 34. That's majority town driving now, the best average I have had was 37 but that was with a lot more motorway. I keep meaning to get an actual run from full to empty and see the what it actually gets. Real time on motorway driving flat and steady at 70 I've seen the read out go above 60 but I am unsure how accurate that is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.