MINI Cooper Forum banner

K&N typhoon r56 cooper s?

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  12coopS 
#1 ·
Hay all.
Does anyone have a k&n typhoon on their r56 cooper s? I've seen a few YouTube videos but they don't do it justice but I'd be interested to know what they are like. Do they sound pretty loud? YouTube videos shows more turbo blow off noises with everything stock but the filter? Will it loose power because it's open? I'd like more power before a remap but it's mainly for the noise because I'm keeping the stock s exhaust so if there's not much gain it isn't so bad as long as it doesn't loose power.

If anyone has experience with this induction kit your feedback would be appreciated
Thanks

#6 ·
Hey

This is the one I purchased.

Yeah that's the one I'm looking now at, your in the USA right? I've read somewhere that it comes without an adapter we need in the uk so I'll do some research, thanks for your feedback it's appreciated, the YouTube vids of this kit sound awesome.
Hey

the only thing that kit comes with is the Filter , Aluminum cover, the sensor and the 90 degree tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.