MINI Cooper Forum banner

2007 engine compatibility

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if this has been addressed in other threads but I have not been able to find an answer.

I'm looking at a 2007 Cooper S Turbo with a seized motor. However, when I go to price up replacement motors the prices vary a lot. Are some just not compatible ?
What am I looking for specifically ?
I believe it needs a N14 but when I look at used motors on sites like ebay they only describe the motor as 1.6L for years 2004, 05, 06, 07 etc.
Is there a specific N14 for the turbocharged car or do both the turbo and NA engines work in either application ?
VIN is WMWMF73567TT81570

Appreciate it if anyone can give me some direction on this. When I use the compatibility chart on the ebay ad it says not compatible with the 2007 hatchback but the car is described as a hatchback so I am confused. Obviously I don't want to buy the wrong motor....

Thanks.

#3 ·
I am also in the same situation. I have a 2007 cooper s 1.6L turbo in need of an engine. I was just quoted by a service center at 10 grand to replace the motor. There is no way that this can be right is there? I have found a 2009 turbo 1.6 from a clubman labeled R55,56,57.
I guess my question would be is will it work being that I have an '07 R56? Are the mounts the same? I have not been able to find this answered anywhere.

#6 ·
yes they will, also the Peugeot 1,6thp engines are same as in 207 gti 175bhp if you get them in your country

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.