LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member
JCW time

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male View Washy's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

JCW suspension

Has anyone had the JCW suspension fitted to their R56 yet. Was curious to know if it was any good and also how much it cost?

2011 CR/B JCW Sadly gone but now with F56 S power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washy View Post
Has anyone had the JCW suspension fitted to their R56 yet. Was curious to know if it was any good and also how much it cost?
Within an hour of collecting my car on Saturday I was wondering the same thing!

I have the 18" 105's on a R56 MCS with sports suspension (225 miles on mine so far). On a good road it is fine, but on a bad road it can be terrible! I was suprised at how harshly it hits big pot holes (Badly enough for my girlfriend to ask if I had just damaged the car!)

I was told JCW suspension isnt currently avaialble!

...Mad
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Canned

Local Time: 08:48 PM

United States Male View MINIAC's Dark Silver & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View MINIAC's MINI Features Album View MINIAC's MINI Showcase Slideshow View MINIAC's Classified Ads

See Gabe's review on MotoringFile:
Part 1: On the Road
Part 2: On the Track
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2007, 04:37 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 04:48 AM

Male View kevkbuk's Astro Black & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by madadd View Post
On a good road it is fine, but on a bad road it can be terrible! I was suprised at how harshly it hits big pot holes (Badly enough for my girlfriend to ask if I had just damaged the car!)
I've no experience with the prev gen JCW suspension, only aftermarket kits on other cars, but won't you be making things worse by upgrading to the JCW stuff? Surely they are more designed for the track and smoother roads and so will be stiffer with less damping.

I am hoping to test drive my dealers Works demo car at the weekend and will also be asking about suspension options, but I'm really not sure if I'd be happy with the drop the JCW kit provides.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkbuk View Post
I've no experience with the prev gen JCW suspension, only aftermarket kits on other cars, but won't you be making things worse by upgrading to the JCW stuff? Surely they are more designed for the track and smoother roads and so will be stiffer with less damping.

I am hoping to test drive my dealers Works demo car at the weekend and will also be asking about suspension options, but I'm really not sure if I'd be happy with the drop the JCW kit provides.
I had thought (hoped) maybe the JCW suspension would be designed with the JCW 18" wheels in mind. And that just maybe they could engineer it to remove some of the inadequacies of the sports suspension when used in confunction with these wheels.

I love a firm ride, but hate the way the suspension doesnt do bad roads.. (And specifically sunken grids, potholes etc..)

I have another car with reasonably firm suspension and 19" wheels that has no problems with said bad roads. The M3/M5 dont ride overly bad on big wheels. So its not like they dont know how to do it!

But in answer to your email. Yes, you are probably right!

...Mad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.