MINI Cooper Forum banner

Just got a used JCW 2008!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  masatox 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got a JCW 2008 chili red and I really love it! I got some questions about it though...

here goes.

-does JCW 2008 comes with Mild Hybrid technology?
-what kind of OIL would you recommend and in what mileage to change the oil? I heard in 20,000 Km but is that true?
-would putting a small subwoofer in a normal boost CD really make a huge difference? I heard from a car shop it will but not be as big change compared to aftermarket ones

I look forward to your guys reply

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! :D

Not entirely sure what you mean by "mild hybrid" technology? Do you mean stop-start, whereby the engine cuts out while waiting in traffic to conserve fuel? If so, no - that is (thankfully in my opinion!) not a feature on the JCW model.

As for oil - I would adhere to the manufacturer recommendations. As far as frequency of oil changes goes, you'll be quite safe sticking to the guidelines issued by MINI, but it certainly doesn't hurt to change your oil more frequently than recommended!

No real experience on the audio aspect... although the basic stereo is pretty awful, so I wouldn't spend too much time or money trying to tweak it (within reason). Rather than throw a moderate amount of cash at it, you'd be better splashing out on a whole new set-up rather than trying to improve what you have. That would involve ripping out carpets and the centre console (and more!), which firstly isn't cheap, but - most importantly! - would then put you on par with, or improve upon, the quite brilliant factory Harman Kardon option (which is what the stereo should sound like "out of the box" on a car which costs this much as far as I'm concerned).

That said, the simple "channel swap adaptor" is a popular and easy mod which people swear by, short of doing anything really serious.

#3 ·
thanks minicore! i guess the stop/start isnt in the jcw, i was kinda hoping at first it has it since i hear it converves fuel, although you dont't usually get a JCW for that feature. channel swap adaptor? can you please give me more info on that thanks!

amy suggestions to improve in the JCW?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.