post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom View Ilogik's Classified Ads

2009/10 JCW Works question

I went to have a look at an 10 plate JCW, lovely car to drive, really enjoyed it, i need something a bit mores fuel efficient but yet somewhat fun. I currently have a 3.0 Z4 which is averaging around 24MPG mixed driving.

Just wondering what sort of realistic figures your seeing when doing city/motorway drive?

Secondly, how reliable are these cars? Ive read a fair few stories saying they suffer with engine issues, and second what sort of depreciation values are you seeing with these cars? Finally what sort of price should you pay for an 10/10 plate car?

Synter waned 14.5k, Parkers says around 13 mark? Realistic everyday prices though are what I'm after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:22 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:02 PM

United Kingdom

JCW holds its value very well as I'm sure others will agree.

I have just done a 200 mile trip and managed 40.3mpg (this was driving at roughly 70mph). Faster 200 mile journeys come in about 34/36mpg but average you are looking around high 20's.

I couldn't help you that much on current pricing i'm afraid!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2015, 04:17 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:02 PM

United States

Sorry to revive an old thread. isctony, I have no idea how you managed 40!!! I keep reading all of these owners getting insanely good MPG and I've never even come close to that.

For me, with regular highway/city driving (pretty even split of both) and somewhat spirited acceleration, I average exactly 30.0 MPG. I don't speed around like I'm on the track, but I enjoy accelerating at lights pretty quickly. This is with sport mode off. With sport mode on, it's not much of a difference at 29.7-29.9 MPG.

Also not sure on pricing. In my area, a 2013 with about 20k miles is going for $24,5. I bought mine which is an 11, with 36,8k miles for $16k but it's a branded title. I'm also in the US so I'm not sure how much our market differs from yours.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2015, 05:52 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

I can get 40 out of mine, it takes a bit of restrained driving, no enjoying off at the lights pretty quickly and somewhat spirited acceleration, this might be where youre going wrong?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2015, 07:53 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 09:02 PM

United Kingdom

Hi Ilogik, I recently purchased a Cooper S JCW (10 plate) from a dealer it set me back 14K with a private plate and all the bells and whistles. I traded in a BMW 325i convertible in order to part fund the mini and whilst I had loads of fun in the convertible the JCW is a completely different animal. With the 325i (3.0l engine) I was getting 25mpg and with the JCW I can get about 32mpg having lots of fun at the same time (without the sports button on) with the car in sports mode the mpg drops massively but I rarely use it only on the motor way on a clear run. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.