MINI Cooper Forum banner

Akrapovic DP/Tips Help!

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tubstar 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Just got my 2011 R56 Mini Cooper Factory JCW last week and I'm looking at getting a downpipe to give it a bit more oomph. As tempting as it was I decided that I wouldn't need the full Akrapovic exhaust system as I couldn't really justify the slight noise difference for almost $1700 (AUS) extra as the JCW sounds pretty sweet already that being said the titanium tips are just too gorgeous to resist!

So my 2 issues:

1) I've searched the forums and have noticed the DP will fit with the JCW system no issues but do error codes pop up and will I be required to purchase the Akrapovic Delete-R?

2) I've found 2 different product numbers for the titanium tips, I believe one was designed for their Evolution system (TP-MINR56/57-T) $560 and the other to fit a R56 Cooper S original exhaust (TP-MINR56/57TO) $695 not sure why one would cost $135 more though haha.. So my question being how hard would it be to modify a Cooper S fitting tip to a JCW exhaust or would the diameter of an Evolution Exhaust be the same as the JCW.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.