MINI Cooper Forum banner

JCW alarm/security

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  anthonyjcw 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Relatively new to this forum thanks to everyone that contributes have found it very helpful so far....here's my problem, apologies if it sounds quite trivial.

I've had my fully loaded 2011 JCW for 4 months (loved every minute). Just wondered if anyone could tell me if there is any way to tell if a alarm was factory fitted? is there a way I could test this as its never gone off?

I am due to relocate to London soon so any advice to help me protect my beloved JCW would be appreciated.

Ant

#2 ·
Hi. I have an earlier mini and it has a light on the end of the indicator stalk that flashes when the car is locked and alarm is set. I did check to see if it worked by getting in the car and locking it. I sat still for a few minutes and then opened the door from the inside without unlocking it, and it went off confirming it was working on ours.

#3 ·
Does it have the red flashing bar on top of the tacho? if so its got the alarm system.
Depending on how its been set up it may or may not go off if you set it when youre inside the car as you can have that part disabled, which is for when you leave pets in the car say so they dont keep setting it off, not that you should be leaving pets in the car at all mind you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.