MINI Cooper Forum banner

New JCW - some questions

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Phillip Evans 
#1 ·
Hi

I picked up my new JCW on Friday - it is Auto Gear Box.

I am running it in Sports mode and do not think it is as firm as my Wifes previous model JCW - she has the 1.6 Coupe JCW with 2 seats.

Its still firm but I am feeling a little more role - is there something I can do to improve this?

Secondly I am not getting very much engine braking when a drop a fear with the auto - this could be because I am not going above 4K revs during run in - is this something that can be configured.

thanks guys

Phill

#2 ·
I just took delivery of my Cooper S with dynamic suspension last Monday. If you have an IPhone, download the Mini App. (don't know if it's available for Android. Physically connect it to your Mini and you can bring up different instruments in the center display. Mine also allowed me to select my suspension settings in Sport, Norm, and Eco. I went from firmest in sport to mid in norm to softest in eco.

I'm having the same engine braking issue as you. I'm positive it's because, like you, I'm not revving my engine past 4,000 rpm. I did check it out on a demo drive before ordering my Mini and there is plenty of engine braking at higher rpm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.