MINI Cooper Forum banner

About to order the new Cooper S!

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jsh1988 
#1 ·
Went to Mini park lane on saturday to do a bit of window shopping. They didn't have a Cooper S in the show room, but I was so impressed with the interior of the new Mini especially. I had a 2009 Cooper D a while back, and the improvement is vast! I fell in love...

Going for a test drive in an S on wednesday, and then planning on ordering when I am done.

I am planning on ordering the Cooper S with the chili pack.

Will probably go for red with black bonnet stripes/roof/mirror caps and wheels.

Are there any extras outside of the Chili pack that I won't be able to live without? Or does the Chili come well equipped?

I'm not too fussed about nav/head up display but am considering aesthetic things such as the interior chrome pack and piano black interior bits too, although I am tempted to go without and save the pennies...does look good with those bits though, although all of the versions in the showroom were fitted with this so it is difficult to compare...

Anything else I should note?

Cheers,
Ryan

See less See more
#2 ·
I've arranged a test drive of a new Cooper S when I take my wife's 2009 Cooper S in for service in a couple of weeks............I see danger to the bank balance in my immediate future!

Options??? I want them all!! Especially the HUD. I have a HUD on my F30 and it is fantastic. I see it as a must have for me on any new car now.

#3 ·
Ryan,

Your colour options are very similar to our 2009 MCS!! They look great together!!

You should consider adaptive suspension and the HUD/SatNav. I have both these options on my F30 335i and they are fantastic! The adaptive supension really makes a difference when you want to drive a little quicker on nice winding roads, but is still supple when cruising around town on crap roads.

The HUD is just plain brilliant! I never look at the instrument cluster nowadays - eyes always on the road - all the vital info right in front of my eyes (including sat/nav directions) - simply awesome!

These options are the main driving force for me considering changing over to the new model.

Steve

#4 ·
I've ordered my new MCS from Mini Park Lane. I recommend Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi if you like your music. Anthricate headlining is good (black headlining), The JCW roof spoiler makes the car look so much better, heated front windscreen for those winter months & heated seats, also auto dimming & folding mirrors. The choice is yours, but those are some of the things I have in my current JCW & have specified for my new MCS. I added park assistant pack, HUD, Driving assistant pack, emergency calling, chrome line, and darkened rear glass as well. Before you know it the price can really hike up, but better to have a car you'll be pleased with in the long run.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Bet the 135i is fun! I think I'd have to keep spare boxers in the glove compartment from what I've heard about them :lol:

Initially I went for the chili pack/bonnet stripes/visual boost radio. However I then learned that Enhanced Bluetooth includes Visual boost radio, as well as the enhanced bluetooth and armrest. When combined with the chili pack on the S this is £90 cheaper than visual boost alone, so it was a no brainer!

As I was saving £90 and getting extra bits for free I decided I was feeling plush and added the Harmon Kardon too, particularly as I do love my music and it sounded bloomin impressive in the test car...

Had an update from the dealer and it should be ready for the 2nd week of July, so only a month to wait...

Gives me a month to flog my TT (will miss the V6 noise though...)

Here's my spec list:

#9 ·
a bit of an update.

Car has been built. Is being delivered on the 16th and then I am collecting on Monday 21st :)

Excited :D

In terms of upgrades I have no regrets, although I haven't had the car yet obviously.

The only thing I would potentially change is the colour. I'd perhaps have gone for grey or black for something a little more subtle (I went for red with black roof/stripes/mirror caps/wheels.

Thanks, Ryan

#14 ·
Car has finally arrived :

After a bit of a **** up by motability (error on their system and them being closed after 5) meaning I couldn't pick up my new car yesterday, I just had it delivered to work.

Took it for a quick spin, certainyl doesn't feel slower than the TT (max torque goes from 1250RPM through the rev range which probably helps), and from my quick spin it really does feel fun!

While it's pretty quiet, in sport mode the noise of the dumpvalve and the exhaust popping and burbling when changing gear sounds pretty damn sweet and is suprising loud...

I Love it already [:D]

Some quick snaps from the work car park:

#18 ·
Car has finally arrived :

After a bit of a **** up by motability (error on their system and them being closed after 5) meaning I couldn't pick up my new car yesterday, I just had it delivered to work.

Took it for a quick spin, certainyl doesn't feel slower than the TT (max torque goes from 1250RPM through the rev range which probably helps), and from my quick spin it really does feel fun!

While it's pretty quiet, in sport mode the noise of the dumpvalve and the exhaust popping and burbling when changing gear sounds pretty damn sweet and is suprising loud...

I Love it already [:D]

Some quick snaps from the work car park:
Looks nice, I came close to ordering in red but went for the Volcanic Orange, Blackroof, Racing Stripes Darkend Glass. then a medium aftermarket tint to darken them up more..as the standard tint was not up to what i wanted it for. JCW spoiler and Visual Boost.

I'll post a few pics of mine in own introduction post.

Do you drive with hand controls? (saw in one of pictures part of a wheelchair on passanger seat).

If so..I'm not the only one did not think many would be taken up on motability. (well not the MSC anyway)

#15 ·
Very nice that. Mine arrives Thursday. Not jealous in the slightest!!

(I am infact twitching and rocking in excitment and actually can't wait to go to bed tonight so I can say it's coming tomorrow. God help me when I go to bed tomorrow night :biggrin:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.