MINI Cooper Forum banner

What Do you think about a 2011 Mini Cooper S?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Milpol 
#1 ·
Planning on purchasing a used Mini but i've heard some bad things about them. I was wondering if anyone has had a hard time with their mini coopers since they've purchased it?
I know some people who've had engine or break problems, etc? I've also been told it is not that reliable. Although it is a great ride!
... Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I guess I'm the 'doom and gloom' guy. I have a '13 base hardtop I bought new and it's been absolutely flawless since I bought it. However, Mini enjoys one of the worst ratings in the automobile world when it comes to reliability and I've read enough horror stories to know I wouldn't own one that didn't have a factory warranty.

#3 ·
Depending if you have a fat wallet or can do your own repairs and maintenance, they are a car that can not be neglected. Keep it maintained and look after it and you should enjoy it.

That being said, if you buy a second hand car, you have no idea how its been driven regardless of maintenance log books, those without an upto date service history can hold a nest of vipers.

Be prepared to do some major repair or service on it to keep it ship shape and Bristol fashion. If you are prepared to weather the ups and downs of a second hand car that may have been neglected, you will at least know its current history and what you have replaced to keep it functioning. Yes it can be expensive but its no different than time and money spent on restoring classic Mini's, you either love them or hate them, they are tremendous little cars and great fun to drive, they need that extra loving touch that's all.

Don't forget, a lot of forums with negative posts and whines about the Mini's are probably a small minority considered the volume old since 2001.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.