MINI Cooper Forum banner

28.3.07 Guinness World Record attempt-longest MINI convoy **NEW WORLD RECORD SET**

73K views 822 replies 106 participants last post by  bubblegoose 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Edit Shamster 28.3.07

**Please note that registration for this event is now closed with a waiting list already in place**

Guniness World Record attempt for the longest MINI convoy !!

195 is the magic number,well it is for the longest MINI convoy ever recorded.
And this MINI2ers is the world record we want you to help us smash on the evening of
Wednesday 28th March 2007,when we don our big red honkers(that's noses to me & you) all in the aid of Comic Relief !

The current record is held by a MINI club in Vancouver but here at Derek Woodman MINI in Blackpool we reckon we can do far better ! We've been in touch and have the rules from the Guinnes World Records so it's all legit !
We're hoping each car taking part will donate a minimum of £5 so that we can raise over a £1000 for Comic Relief !

If you're interesred in being part of MINI history and/or just want to brag to your mates down the pub that you are a Guinnes World Record holder then please register your name,address,telephone number and car registration by contacting Alison Lamb on 01253 607600 or email her at
alison.lamb@derekwoodman.bmw-net.co.uk

Cheers
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Quality, count me in for sure, no doubt the rest of the North West lot will follow suit shortly!!

Quality idea guys!!

#9 · (Edited)
The Rules!

Hi Guys,

I'm a colleague of Chris's here at Woodmans!

According to the Guiness World Records every MINI has to drive a minimum of 2 miles, the cars should be no more than 2 car lengths apart and yes, it does need to be unbroken :D

But with planning we don't think that should be a problem, we just need to keep a steady pace and cruise our way into the record books, hopefully!

We're hoping to have a bit of a bash back here at the showroom but details to be confirmed!

Thanks

Michelle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.