MINI Cooper Forum banner

Minis at Dunsfold - The TopGear Test Track - 3rd June 2017

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  minicabrio 
#1 ·
Roll up, roll up, here is your opportunity to drive your Mini or MINI on the TopGear Test Track!

Winding the clock back 10 years or so, I used to organise a MINI event at the TopGear Test Track, but Dunsfold became increasingly difficult to deal with, and it fizzled out, the last event was 2009 and we had 250+ cars there!

Well, for 2017 it is back! Saturday the 3rd June 2017, at Dunsfold Park, home of the Top Gear Test Track.

This is a charity event, and is limited to 100 cars only. Entry is by prior registration only, and the cost is £60 per car, with no charge for additional drivers or passengers.

Format for the day:
  • Arrival from 9am
  • Drivers briefing at 9.45
  • Track action starts at 10am
  • Cars will be lead out in in groups of 10 behind a safety car (essential as the TopGear track is a figure of eight)
  • 12:00-12:30 break for lunch (marshalls taken out on track)
  • 12:30 track action resumes
  • 15:30 last track session
  • 16:00 - Event closes

The sessions will be lead by experienced drivers, and Slower/faster groups will be available on the day to suit all Minis and abilities.

We of course welcome classic Minis too.

Tuition will be available on the day, just jump in with one of our safety car drivers and they will show you all the correct lines and braking points.

The charity element

This is a charity event, and all money raised on the day will go to Variety, The Children's Charity.

I myself am taking part in The Italian Job later this year, Variety is their current nominated charity. There will be an Italian Job stand at the event, with merchandise available.

The £60 charge per car is to cover the cost of hiring the track, which this year is costing us £4800 for the day, with obviously a bit extra to go to charity.

Facilities
There will be tea and coffee facilities in the paddock area, as well as a gourmet catering van supplying fantastic bacon rolls and burgers. Lookup 'The Flamin Tucker' on Facebook! They are normally based on the A325 at Bordon.

There will also be toilet facilities provided in the paddock area.

A professional photographer will be on site also capturing you on track.

Registration
As the event is limited on numbers, entry is by prior registration only. Please visit the website below, where you will find a link to register. You will then receive an email with 2-3 days with payment information. Tickets will be posted out in good time before the event.

minisatdunsfold.co.uk

We hope you'll join us, and see you on the 3rd June.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well done for organising the Dunsfold track again Jon, this is a brilliant day out and I want to recommend to all :big_grin:

I'd be there myself, but a huge green Disco wouldn't be ideal track material! ;)

Have a great time everyone :)

Cornering at Gambon, 2007

#10 ·
A big thank you to the wonderful people at EBC Brakes who are donating a complete set of brakes (that's discs and pads front and rear) as a prize for our raffle to be held on the day.

The winner will be able to choose from EBC's range of brake pads including Ultimax, Greenstuff, Redstuff, Yellowstuff and Orangestuff, and one of four brake disc options ranging from 'D Series' OE Replacement discs to one of EBC's sport slotted designs.

If your Mini requires brake shoes and drums, EBC will supply those as an alternative to discs and pads.

That's not the only great prize we have though! There's also a 32GB iPad Mini 2 in Space Grey, and a number of other Mini related goodies.

Tickets will be available to purchase on the day... Speaking of which, as of tomorrow it's only five weeks away!

If you haven't already, please visit our website here to sign up, Minis at Dunsfold - and once you've done that, why not browse the EBC website below, and start deciding which brakes you'd have if you won the raffle!

All the best,

Jon

EBC Brakes: https://ebcbrakes.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.