MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini costing me money already

886 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SiBradbury 
#1 ·
just purchased my first Mini one just before Christmas from a BMW dealer in Dundee Scotland. Car was almost 2 years old with 14k miles on the clock. After driving the car for 1k miles I have noticed the outside tread on the front passenger side is completely bald. I am having the tracking checked this weekend (not through BMW who want to charge £318 but will do it for £250 as a goodwill gesture) & it looks like I require 2 new front tryes too. Good old BMW are washing their hands of the problem & saying I have damaged the car by hitting a pot hole. I know I have not done this.

There is also a problem now with the drivers window not going back to the original shut position when the door is closed & the drivers heated mirror is not demisting.

This is the first Mini I have purchased & love driving it but after 6 weeks of owning it I am concerned what else could go wrong after the waranty runs out this December

#2 ·
From a garage point of view, come-backs on tracking adjustments are tricky. You can set the geometry up perfectly and then the customer can drive home and hit a big pothole or be one of those people who park their car by bouncing the front wheel up onto the kerb and that could put the tracking out again. They'll then back come telling you that you can't do your job properly because their tracking is out!
I think you'd be lucky to get anywhere with this to be honest.

The window and mirror problems are warranty issues and should be fixed by the dealer without a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.