Picked up my CooperS a couple of weeks ago and have been glued to the forum and site. I think ive spent more time on the forum than in the car! Ill be sure to turn that around in the next few weeks =)
Just wanted to say hi, ive been reading so much about the mini and have learnt many things from the site. Im an Aussie who is currently living in UK-London and looking to do some country drives with the mini.
In a years time ill be looking to ship my mini back to Oz with me as i would love to keep her. I know i will need to de-gas the A/C and also switch the odo from miles to km .... anyone know if BMW servicing will do this?
Im already looking at some mods =) hopefully get some ideas from all the people that have been there and done that already.
Ok about the car:
1. Silver mini S - black roof - no sunroof - black mirror caps
2. 49K on the clock
3. Miltek silencer
4. Leather interior - black and tan
5. Climate control
6. Radio boost
7. Schedule 2 - done previous owner beginning of March 2012
8. PICS - will post soon
Mods, im thinking of:
Firstly how i drive - not taking her to the track, right now just a weekend run-about. She will most likely be used as a daily commute later on and on weekends, im guessing there will be freeways/highways and a fair share in traffic as well. I will most likely only take her to red line once in a blue moon.
Now the mods -
0. Save money
1. GRS motorsport intercooler - my first mod
as i think the cooler the boost air the better
2. Save money
3. 15% pulley pack - i wanted to go the 17% but have read that for Oz weather (in summer average 30 deg C days) it would be too hot even with the GRS. Then i thought i would sit on the fence and get the 16% put have read here that anything less than 15% you would need a belt change every year and was thinking it would be easier to source the common 15% belt. I like the 1320 kit they have with the bushes, anyone dealt with them before and know if they will supply and fit a tension stop as well?
Thanks for reading and looking forward to share my experience with you all!