MINI Cooper Forum banner

New JCW owner

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GJL 
#1 ·
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2004 JCW for my wife and I am also enjoying the experience. Electric blue, white roof, 1 previous owner, 33,000 miles, chilli pack, sat nav, pretty much all extras and great fun.

I do have a question though and hopefully one of you can answer. It was advertised as the 210bhp upgrade and I have the supporting JCW certificate etc. The previous owner bought the car from brand new and had the upgrade done by JCW in February 2004, therefore having the upgrade done prior to official registration, (it was registered in March 2004).
Given that it is a March 2004 regisitered car, would it only have been upgraded to 200bhp or is it the 210bhp upgrade. The only reason I ask this is because I beleive the standard MCS recieved a slight bhp increase later in 2004 and I thought it might only be the later higher bhp 2004 car that could achieve the 210bhp.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.