New to me R53 2/2003, new problems arising. - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

United-States New to me R53 2/2003, new problems arising.

Hello Everyone!

So after doing as thorough of and inspection as I could on this car during the fall, the rain and also some further familiarization with the car has brought some issues to the service. Despite all these, it is a blast to drive and I have no intentions of selling it since paid a good price and it only has 86k(no bad for 03")

Biggest issues are these.

- Over all door leaks, not to the carpet from what i can see but the sills are rusting underneath, Taking care of this already with a gasket for the pillars and sealant for the new weather stripping I will buy.

- Heater seems to not have much adjustment other than hot, that and the slight leaking issue creates consistently fogged side windows.

- My MCS came with the xenon package which i have a few questions about. One. Is is worth adjusting the low beam angle? they seem to not have much reach. Two... I was inspecting the high beams and notice the driver side was pointed down, not the bulb, but bult and the reflector. I noticed that when I pushed on the reflector it popped up, i pushed down and it popped down. Is that a manual adjustment they have or and I messing with a mechanism I should leave alone? Also theres a third harness which I'm sure leads to the "grille covered" faux bulb that says "Xenon Technology"... what is that?

- Also notice and off sounding pattern in the engine at idle (misfire i'm guessing). It's happened maybe 3 times since late november. Could it simply be plugs? Or should I just swap out all the ignition system for new oem parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , , ,

Quick Reply