Losing my Mini virginity with Cooper... - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
RuthHarrison_ MiniNewbie

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female

Losing my Mini virginity with Cooper...

Hi everyone,
I am Ruth, I am 26 from Yorkshire and I work for Ginetta Cars...
Does that sound like a lonely hearts advert?

Anyway, after years of saving, on December 30 I finally bought a Mini Cooper. Its a 2009 model with only 9,000k on the clock (a lovely elderly gent had this from new and only used it for 'pottering about' - hence there are none of the fancy extras whatsoever.

I love it, yet, I do have a few questions that have me tearing my hair out... I'll post them here;

1) Can I change the clock to display as 24hr - yes, I have seen a post on here already about that where it says 'Hold the two buttons' - could anyone clarify which two these are? There are a LOT of buttons.

2) Is it possible to set 'range' of fuel or was this an optional extra when purchasing?

3) can I have anything else in the display in line with the steering wheel other than speed in the box, then total miles, miles since reset and temp in the main strip?

Thanks, hello and I can't post a photo as I haven't made 15 posts yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2014, 02:35 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom

1) Yes you can set the clock to 24h. Press the button on the end of the indicator stalk to get to 'Settings' and then again to get to 'Time/Date' where you can set this (and the format in which dates are displayed).

2) If pressing the indicator stalk button doesn't scroll through things like range, your car probably does not have the OBC/trip computer fitted (it is an extra). However what will then confuse you is that when you nearly run out of fuel, the low fuel warning will also show the remaining range then, but not before! This shows that all the bits are there of the OBC, but if it wasn't paid for, it isn't switched on. You can have it switched on by a dealer as an extra, but it costs over 100.

3) On a basic 2009 car, I think you can alter what the tacho window displays by pressing the indicator stalk button but it's only a very limited choice - like you can move the external temperature display into the big numbers section, things like that.
Thanks for this post from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
RuthHarrison_ MiniNewbie

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angib View Post
1) Yes you can set the clock to 24h. Press the button on the end of the indicator stalk to get to 'Settings' and then again to get to 'Time/Date' where you can set this (and the format in which dates are displayed).

2) If pressing the indicator stalk button doesn't scroll through things like range, your car probably does not have the OBC/trip computer fitted (it is an extra). However what will then confuse you is that when you nearly run out of fuel, the low fuel warning will also show the remaining range then, but not before! This shows that all the bits are there of the OBC, but if it wasn't paid for, it isn't switched on. You can have it switched on by a dealer as an extra, but it costs over 100.

3) On a basic 2009 car, I think you can alter what the tacho window displays by pressing the indicator stalk button but it's only a very limited choice - like you can move the external temperature display into the big numbers section, things like that.
Thank you Angie, I am getting there slowly - I think I need to dedicate a date to sitting in there and 'fiddling'....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.