2009 possible leaking convertible roof - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
United-Kingdom 2009 possible leaking convertible roof

Hi can someone help, I've purchased my first soft top (before I had hard top convertibles) my problem is since having all this rain my soft top has taken a hammering, the last few night we have had frosty nights as we'll, well what I have noticed in the mornings or when I put the heating on, the inside off the roof turns to rain drops beads and I've started to get mould and condensation on the windows inside. I have been to mini and they felt that 1. I need to get the roof re protected. 2. I might have a leak else where which is causing condensation which is then rising to the roof freezing and then defrosting. 3. Replace the roof or 4. Trading it in because the cost off a new roof is about 2k. I'm not really sure what to do. My local mini service centre have said they have never seen this before so has anyone else seen or had this and know what to do?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2014, 07:51 PM
MINI2 Senior
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
You might want to ensure that you leave your dash board vents open at night.

I had a problem with a normal car a few years ago, after leaving it for a while when I went back to it the windows were running wet inside. I was told to leave the vents open so that there was some ventilation and that seemed to do the trick.

It is possible that the roof is the coldest part of the car and that is where the condensation is forming. You might also want to give the car a good run with the air con on to try any dry out any residual condensation.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.