First month with R53 Cooper S - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wirral, Merseyside.
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
First month with R53 Cooper S

Hello all.

New to the Mini experience and have to say I'm loving it. Reminds me of the MGF I had a few years back. Puts a smile on your face everyday.

Came with new MOT but EML came on, limp mode after 2 days. P0103 when I read the code. Did the usual Web search as you do and go "arrgghhh" but I thought for the low cost I would change the HT Leads (OEM) and Spark Plugs (NGK) then see where I am.

Misfire was coming back only when idling in neutral when engine warm after Spark Plugs change, then did it 3 times after HT Leads. Been fine now for 12 days I think.

Hoping the misfire is gone for good now it's been given a bit of TLC and a balst or two up the motorway.

Loving the car, great solid feel, nice subtle touches. Reminds me of a high spec Honda I had.

I upgraded the shocking speakers and stereo and it now sounds awesome with FLi 180w speakers in front and back, easy to fit as well.

Great car for the money, drinks way to much juice though. It's fast and sounds great MPG/Speed ratio.

Looking forward to a fun summer in it.

Sadly I don't think I will be keeping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	169617  
miniwirral is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
MINI2 Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwirral View Post
Hello all.

New to the Mini experience and have to say I'm loving it. Reminds me of the MGF I had a few years back. Puts a smile on your face everyday.

Came with new MOT but EML came on, limp mode after 2 days. P0103 when I read the code. Did the usual Web search as you do and go "arrgghhh" but I thought for the low cost I would change the HT Leads (OEM) and Spark Plugs (NGK) then see where I am.

Misfire was coming back only when idling in neutral when engine warm after Spark Plugs change, then did it 3 times after HT Leads. Been fine now for 12 days I think.

Hoping the misfire is gone for good now it's been given a bit of TLC and a balst or two up the motorway.

Loving the car, great solid feel, nice subtle touches. Reminds me of a high spec Honda I had.

I upgraded the shocking speakers and stereo and it now sounds awesome with FLi 180w speakers in front and back, easy to fit as well.

Great car for the money, drinks way to much juice though. It's fast and sounds great MPG/Speed ratio.

Looking forward to a fun summer in it.

Sadly I don't think I will be keeping
We've just bought a MCS R52 to replace a MGF!
k3fus is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
MINI2 Master
 
mab01uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Posts: 5,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Hi and welcome to Mini2!

Most owners live to regret selling their R53 Cooper S.
mab01uk is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:00 PM
MINI2 Master
 
Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Stone Age
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Estonia Male View Caveman's Classified Ads
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01uk View Post
Most owners live to regret selling their R53 Cooper S.
YUP ... with each new MINI generation the R53 will become more and more of a "classic"

Caveman is offline  
Thanks for this post from:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South london
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Posts: 1,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01uk View Post
Hi and welcome to Mini2!

Most owners live to regret selling their R53 Cooper S.
i total agree :-)

miniwirral

what MPG you getting my MCS is fully on fuel between 5 and 8 deg c above or below its ok i get around 35 mpg on the motor way on CC and 30 round town and i don't hang around :-)
if its not whining its not happy :-)

take care just keep practicing filling it up :-) and enjoy it
marque is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply
Tags:


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Niall O'Dowd's R53 MINI Cooper S mab01uk Photos, Photoshops, Videos & Showcases 8 Jun 13th, 2014 09:41 PM
Help needed retrofitting armrest in Cooper R53 GAJA71 First Generation Interior & Ice 6 Apr 19th, 2013 06:37 PM
My 03' Mini Cooper S R53 on Steroids! ICMINI Welcome New Members 10 Mar 15th, 2013 01:04 PM
Mini cooper s r53 37,000 using oil is this normal leedslad Maintenance & MINI Care 11 Feb 4th, 2013 10:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome