New to me MINI Cooper - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2014, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New to me MINI Cooper

Well hello fellow MINI(ers/ites - what do we call ourselves?)

This is the obligatory introduction post. I've been looking at the new MINI's and drooling since they were introduced. I'm that guy who just can't buy new out of principle, and after selling an old BMW Z3 that I had, I picked up a 2010 MINI Cooper hardtop with the automatic. I have to say I absolutely love this little car - it is way cooler than I ever really expected it to be.

So far I haven't had any issues except for a bit of trim on the back window (will do another post), I'm not sure the rear defroster works, and I am confused by the delay wiper function. Other than that I may have found a car that I might just keep as long as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winston.png
Views:	28
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	170074  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2014, 06:49 AM
SGT Slaughter & Farm Girl

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States Male

United-States Mini's Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomeName View Post
Well hello fellow MINI(ers/ites - what do we call ourselves?)

This is the obligatory introduction post. I've been looking at the new MINI's and drooling since they were introduced. I'm that guy who just can't buy new out of principle, and after selling an old BMW Z3 that I had, I picked up a 2010 MINI Cooper hardtop with the automatic. I have to say I absolutely love this little car - it is way cooler than I ever really expected it to be.

So far I haven't had any issues except for a bit of trim on the back window (will do another post), I'm not sure the rear defroster works, and I am confused by the delay wiper function. Other than that I may have found a car that I might just keep as long as I can.
Welcome to the awesome world off Mini :-) FYI.... the wife n I sold our two Ford F150 4 door Lariats and went Mini, we couldn't be happier. Handling, Brakes, Power & MPG is awesome. To answer your question about the wiper delay......... if you push the right stalk DOWN once you will get a single wipe. Push it UP once you get constant. Push it UP twice it goes faster constant. Depress the button on the end off the stalk and you get intermittent (only 1 speed for that). If you pull the stalk towards you the window cleaner will spray, if you hold it for almost a second it sprays and the wipers stay on for 4 of 5 wipes after you let go. Don't know if you found the little storage spot above the Glove Box? Its a great lil spot. So I included a pic of mine off my 09 Hardtop & the MIni it self. We traded it in for a 2014 Countryman S All~4. I will have pics when it gets here!Click image for larger version

Name:	20140228_060331.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	170082

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140227_124538.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	170090
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2014, 02:19 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:10 PM