Countryman One D- terrible MPG :-) - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Hoggster69

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Scotland Male

Scotland Countryman One D- terrible MPG :-)

Hello,
Bought a countryman one d in January for my wife. It's a stunning car and immaculate....a 62 plate with 17000 miles. We have had a clubman before and it got over 50 mpg, great car.

Bought the D rather than petrol for the mpg. General driving is the school runs and to the shops. The trip sits at 29 mpg ! If you drive like miss daisy the most it will get is 36 (no one wants to drive like that though). Driving from Glasgow to St. Andrews it got 44 - again being really careful. It's been years since I have had a car that Mpg sits under 30 ! I had a 3.0 v6 auto xf that did 32!

There must be something wrong.

Garage can find nothing wrong. On road tests they could only get 36 at most.

Now waiting for them to tell me what they will do....any feedback appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 09:20 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Seems to be what youre getting is the general opinion of all the other owners that have one, many arent at all satisfied with what you supposed to be getting from the manufacturers information and what is generally achievable by the user, looks like youre sort of stuck with it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2015, 11:22 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Man,snap to that experiennce, mine is cooper D 112 bhp, never seen more than 50 mpg and that was driving at 50 mph in lincolnshire all day no hills few roundabouts. I am so disappointed,only bought it in Nov,booked back in to dealer in a couple of weeks but I fear it is what it is,rubbish. going back to VW almost 60mpg all day long,my trip comp sits at 44mpg,have brim to brimmed it too and it is the same to within a nats. I feel your pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.