For 20 years now I have always liked the Mini and today I have eventually bought one as my 2nd car. Just got a S-Max a few weeks ago (7 seater for all the kids)
Anyway I have bought a Cooper S 2007 with the john Works body kit so I believe. This is where I need help, apart from this I am not sure what I have bought regarding details and name of kits etc etc as the garage was also vague.
Please can some people fill in the blanks for me:-
1) What is the difference between Chilli, Pepper, media, sport packs etc so I know what version I have.
2) What BHP will I have?
3) Also is this version I have just a Cooper S with "John Cooper works" added Body kit and Exhaust?
4) What wheels are these? see all sorts of names for wheels on here
5) This has 3 months warranty with it, should I get more? It has 55K miles on the clock with full service history?
6) What is R53, R56 models etc? How Do i know what mine is?
What are the main things I should be looking for, should I get this checked out by mechanic or rely on the jaguar garage to have done a good service and checks before selling it to me.
Do these cars have CAM belts, do I need to change it if so?
The MINI didn't come out until 2001 so it can't be a 1997. If it's one of the first new shape Cooper S then it will be an R53 I believe and will be 163bhp unless modified. I would expect a Jaguar dealer to have done basic checks but remember, they are used to working on Jags not MINIs so may not know certain things to look for. As for the rest I can't help you, I'm a newbie too, hopefully picking my 2003 Cooper S up on Wednesday!
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.