New Member Advice Required! - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wales

New Member Advice Required!

Hi folks, New member alert Iím afraid!!

I currently own an Audi TT Quattro Convertible and although I have fun in it and itís great to drive etc I think itís time for me to change cars and get something that will see me covered for many years to come. Iíve always wanted to buy a mini but for one reason or another Iíve never bought one. When I saw that a new model had been launched in March I was excited and decided to go for it!

Currently thinking of buying the Hatchback Cooper D (hopefully it will be a big shock to my weekly pocket as I only get 27mpg with my Audi!). Hoping to go and test drive a car soon once Iíve done all the research about options etc!

I was hoping to get some wonderful advice here! My thinking at the moment is to buy a brand new model adding Chilli and the media pack as I need the sat nav. Iíve never bought a new car before and although I realise it will depreciate in value I am torn Ė do I wait 6 months and buy a second hand 2014 model or buy new. I have no idea if there will be any second hand 2014 models on sale this year but maybe someone can point me in the right direction!

The other question I had was if I was to buy a car and didnít add a particular pack to the build (or buy a second hand car that didnít have the pack) am I able to add the pack sometime down the line and if so would it be more expensive?

Hopefully Iíve made sense with these questions and appreciate any help and guidance.

Thanks

Milo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:36 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Estonia Male View Caveman's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMini View Post
The other question I had was if I was to buy a car and didn’t add a particular pack to the build (or buy a second hand car that didn’t have the pack) am I able to add the pack sometime down the line and if so would it be more expensive?
Retrofitting options is always more expensive than ordering them when the car is built and some options can't be added later.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2014, 04:46 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Someone did mention TT's are for hairdressers and MINIs are for Hooligans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply