Is it just a starting problem ? Does it run fine apart from that
The front does not have to come of or even go in to service mod
And the Supercharger stays on.
It's a very basic job fit and remove the head only.
The head on a standard car is bolted down (not studs) so once there undone it just comes out with the intake manifold on it Then you strip it down on the bench.
Only thing you have to be careful of is the cam timing but that's easy.
The heads do not always need skimming, once it's removed they check it for flatness with a straight edge. Skimming just for the sake if it is silly if it's flat it's flat
Is it loosing coolant ? If it is
My advice first things before removing the head is
1) run the car and for check hydrocarbons in the coolant quick and easy job
2) leak down check on the cylinders.
3) no yoghurt on the dip stick
This is about an hours worth of work max
If all this is ok your head I would say its possible it's ok and your problem is else where.
If your having just a starting problem there are a few things to check first
1) fuel pump pressure at the rail and a leak check
2) fuel filter they never get changed ( it's not a nice job to do but it's easy just a bit fiddly )
3) fuel pressure regulators
It's all easy stuff if you have a basic tool kit nothing to be scared of
What are the fault codes, to me it sounds like they don't know minis that well
Hope this helps