MINI Cooper Forum banner

Greetings and Salutations

863 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  g0wfv 
#1 ·
I suppose to begin this introduction I should attach some photos and give a little overview.

Attached are photos of my used (but new to me) 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible - R52 I think? Not familiar with the Alpha-numeric designators just yet.

With 95K miles it runs like a charm with all fluids checking out well and a mechanical inspection and clean bill of health.

For now my only issue is the key fob. I keep reading in the owners manual as well as threads in here that the key fob should drop the convertible top all the way down with the windows if you press & hold the unlock button for a long period of time.

So after counting "A thousand one, a thousand two"....and so on while pressing the unlock switch for the count of 20 seconds, nothing happened except the driver door unlocking. I should add that the manual buttons to open the top and drop the windows work fine so I know its not the motor.

I unlocked all the doors and tried it again from outside the car with all the doors closed; "A thousand one, a thousand two".... this time with the same count to 20 and nothing. I can lock and unlock the doors all day with the key fob but for now the convertible top and windows opening with a key fob is nothing but a myth in my opinion.

I'm still happy with the car though it would've been nice to have that key fob feature but I still have a gorgeous mini that gets stellar gas mileage and for the exception of the morons who like to ask me how I like driving my girlfriend's car while parked at red lights its a joy to drive.

Thanks for stopping by and since I am still learning about this marvelous machine please feel free to contribute if you have advice or guidance that will make my mini experience even better.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
2 birds, one stone ...

My first post as a new member, so "Hi!" :D

I too have a Convertible (2007 Mini One) but have a BlueFin remap, and a few optional other extras, so pretty much as per the Cooper as far as looks and drivability go - still has the One badge and sill protectors though!

The opening of the roof on the key (comfort opening?) is a programable option, according to the manual at any rate; mine too doesn't work on the key :(

Would be interesting to know if anyone knows how much dealers charge to activate functions or if it's possible to DIY?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.