Problem, Increased Battery Discharge, Help! - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2014, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Australia

Australia Problem, Increased Battery Discharge, Help!

Okay so i am new to this forum and new to Mini in general... 3 months ago i bought myself a 2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman, and i love it!!! Coming from a Rav 4 to a mini is very differant but again i love it!!! But in the last month or so i have been having an Issue, Increased Battery Discharge keeps coming up....? i have rang mini Australia and they told me it is from my keys, where i park my car at night i am leaving my keys to close to the car and the electronics are still talkng to each other and not shutting off...I have since moved the keys further away but no change!

i have had the battery checked and it was 12.5 v al little low but still good yet with in seconds the battery started to go down, with in seconds it was at 11.4v??? the battery is fine but there is power goig somewhere yet the vechile ws locked and the keys were moved away??

i do not live anywhere near a mini dealer so popping to to mini is not that easy as they are only in capital cities and i live in rural Victoria/Australia, i have read many posts about this issue but no ressolution, no one has come up with the solution to this problem yet.... please help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2014, 06:08 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieberry View Post
i have rang mini Australia and they told me it is from my keys, where i park my car at night i am leaving my keys to close to the car and the electronics are still talkng to each other and not shutting off...I have since moved the keys further away but no change!
Not heard that before, maybe they expect you to leave the key here in the UK?

It might be something like a stuck on interior luggage compartment light, that is known.

Disconnect the battery completely and see if it holds its full charge overnight, if it does then its probably ok,

Put a meter on the battery to see how much current is being taken, if its draining as quickly as you say its something quite demanding.

Then you need to start removing fuses to see which circuit is draining it if its not obvious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.