hhaleblian - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

My daily driver a 2003 S liquid yellow/white owned since new with 74k miles. Love the car. Joined to find out about two things going on. Right xenon headlight sporadically will not work and the engine hesitates a bit when under full load. Any help would be appreciated. Love the car. Only major work was replacing the supercharger after 11 years. Likes to warp front rotors too. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
MINI2 Master
Local Time: 04:22 PM

United Kingdom Male
Hi ya

I would take the Xenon head light control box out and make shore the connections are clean and no damaged wires

When was the car last serviced ?
Does it feel down on power not as sharp as it used to be ?

Hesitation can be caused by lots of things but firstly get some good quality injector cleaner I use bg44k only thing I have found that works for me.
Make shore your spark plugs are tight it might also be worth pulling them out and seeing if they need to be changed.
Check your spark plug leads where they connect to the coil pack you can get corrosion there pull them off and have a look.
Get your bypass valve checked to the springs fail
Check all the vacuum hoses to the fuel pressure regulator and map sensor plastic hose near the thermostat housing
When was the super charger belt last replaced

As for the front brakes the only way you will stop this is to put a set of R56 cooper s brakes on the front it's a normal mod for these cars, the standard brakes are not up to the job on the MCS, they just overheat and warp as you say.

Hope this helps
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2014, 06:58 AM
MINI2 Newbie
Local Time: 04:22 PM

United States
hello there
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.