New Member - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2014, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

Hi,

My name is Ray and I live east LA (Lower Alabama) and I have no idea what possessed me to buy a Mini. Every time I left home I had to drive by the used car lot close to where I live. Each time I went by there was a little Mini Cooper S, all dressed in blue, with a white and black checker board top, that seemed to be waving at me. Each day it became friendlier and seemed to imply that we belonged together. Finally I gave in and stop to talk to the lot owner. The car was a 2003 with 107K miles, which looked like it had been taken care of by the previous owner. So after a long to do, I finally made a trade with the owner. I was going to trade my 87 Honda CRX, which I couldnít find anything else on it to fix, with a few bucks changing hand (I wonít say which way). The car was in no way perfect and I did not expect it to be so. It had, as Iím finding out, very common faults, like boot/bonnet light (which I fixed), air bag light (which I still working on), and some other minor things. She drove like a dream, but I did not care for the teeth rattling ride, so went about replacing the original shocks with Koni FSDís. Havenít had a chance to check the improvement, because of another problem I created (See my other posts), so she is now in the hands of a professional. I will say she is the most fun to drive car I ever had, even better than my 64 Ĺ Mustang convertible or 500SL Mercedes.
Forgot to say a little about me. Iím a retired Army helicopter (Chinook) pilot, also retired from a few civilian jobs, now living the good life. I enjoy riding my Harley Ultra Classic Trike conversion (Champion), that I decided to do after dumping my wife off a couple times in the parking lot. I look forward to a lot of interaction with the Mini experts on this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 332.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	176001   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 33.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	176009  

Last edited by Rainman 64; Jun 26th, 2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Rotate picture
Sponsored Links