Unhappy CVT Victim! - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > All Models & Variants > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooper S Convertible - CVT or No CVT? neilrlsmith First Generation MINI Cooper S 3 Sep 17th, 2012 09:21 PM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:54 PM
Angry Unhappy CVT Victim!

Did you know Mini Cooper was a centerfold in Playboy Magazine? Got your attention now, don’t I? Good!

Thinking of buying a BMW or Mini Cooper Product, DON’T! At least until you’ve read this and the class action lawsuit against BMW and Mini Cooper “Aarons VS BMW” This lawsuit is being handled by Kurtzman & Carson Consultants, 886-381-9100

When I purchased my 2007 Mini Cooper I did so because I thought it was the cutest, coolest, and most fun car I had ever driven, plus it was BMW product, had to be a well-built car, right? Then the practical side of me took over and I did my due diligence and research.

Who knew that the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) would prematurely fail and without warning, recklessly putting me in a gravely dangerous situation in the high speed lane on the expressway way during rush hour traffic? BMW and Mini Cooper knew, that’s who!! It’s amazing that I wasn’t struck by the semi behind me traveling at a high rate of speed, considering my Mini Cooper dropped down to 15mph after the VCT permanently failed while traveling at a rate of 65mph!

BMW presented the Mini Cooper as a high performance, yet affordable high end premium small vehicle which emphasized their design and performance features, cornering abilities, good looks and fashionable styling. Did you know that the Mini Cooper even graced the centerfold of Playboy Magazine? Yes! Playboy Magazine!! BMW group bragged, through its aggressive marketing tactics, that the Mini Cooper’s design, layout, content and performance along with it being fun to drive, its price point, and high quality were enough to wear the “BMW Badge.”

I thought I had died and gone to heaven! This was my favorite car ever! I babied my Mini Cooper and serviced it regularly, of course. None the wiser, I loved that car, still do. BMW & Mini Cooper – not so much!

I was so excited and proud to be driving a Mini Cooper and I remained ecstatic until recently. A Mini Cooper convertible was my dream car, BUT now it’s my recurring nightmare! Well, for once, I made my extravagant purchase based on emotion AND logic, what a change for me. Now I wish I hadn’t done the research to back up my emotional purchase, at least I could say, shoulda, woulda, coulda… messed up again. Oh by the way, that “BMW Badge,” what I didn't know… it means “Badge of Dishonor!” Shame on you BMW!

Not only did BMW deny knowledge of the premature VCT but they also undertook affirmative efforts to conceal the failures through a series of “TSB” Technical Service Bulletins issued to repair facilities, thus stalling long enough for the warranty to expire before owners were made fully aware of the true problem. It’s obvious that BMW knew of the problems based not only on the complaints made directly to them but also numerous complaints made to the “NHTSA” National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Yet BMW refuses to publicly acknowledge the problem or offer remedy, instead keeping it a secret as long as possible. As if this wasn't bad enough, BMW CONTINUED TO KNOWINGLY SELL VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CVT’s PRONE TO PREMATURE FAILURE! Despite BMW’s efforts to conceal the issue, customer complaints and CVT failures continued. Way to go BMW! Something to be said for your consistency.

Thinking back now, Mini Cooper was always aggressively sending me marketing materials for the newest, latest, hottest Mini Cooper Convertible, of course wanting me to trade in my 2007 Convertible Mini Cooper, for a brand new sleeker, faster more stylish Mini Cooper Convertible. What would have happened if BMW would have put all of that time, effort, and cost into a recall? Or a “Just FYI, your VCT might fail, please call us” letter. We’ll never know because that would be considered “above board” or “proactive good customer service” and as we have discovered, BMW possess NONE of those qualities.

There is a saying, “If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.” This is so true with BMW. BMW knowingly under budgeted production and could not keep up with the demand it created. After all everyone wanted that beautiful, cool car that was featured in “Playboy Magazine!” Too bad the beauty was only skin deep! BMW sacrificed quality and turned out substandard parts and shoddy workmanship, all the while refusing to take responsibility for their actions knowing full well that they were recklessly putting their loyal customers in harm’s way when the VCT failed.

To this day, even in the face of these numerous complaints, BMW continues to deny that there is a problem with the CVT and refuses to disclose the truth to consumers. I ask you, “How is this possible in this day and age?” “Who does BMW know that we lowly (no longer loyal) consumers don’t and why should we have to pay to clean up their mess?”

Never again will I own a BMW or Mini Cooper product and I will make it my life’s mission to share this message with everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 04:42 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Estonia Male View Caveman's Classified Ads
Sorry you had problems but is it necessary to make the same post multiple times.

Time to get compensated ...

MotoringFile - MINI Settling CVT Class Action Suit
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 09:17 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Didn't realize I made multiple posts... New at this, sorry, duly chastised.

Thanks for the lawsuit info.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 06:14 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 12:54 AM
United Kingdom
Yawn, make your point in one paragraph rather that some film script please.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 10:15 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United States Male
i just bought a 2003 mini cooper S after about 10 min of researched i found that the cvt in the minis is trash. and 5 speeds in reg mini non S have issues but the 6 speed in cooper s seem to be fine....

Yes the manufacturer shouldn't release subar products but it happens... but do you do 0 research before buying a car? literally hundreds of threads and websites that warn you to stay away from cvt tranny
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 10:35 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male
Is your post available in an abridged version, or as an audiobook?
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 10:49 AM
MINI2 Newbie

In 2008 when I purchased my mini, there wasn't any information about the transmission being bad. If you had bothered to read the more than one paragraph, unabridged version of my post, you would know that.
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 07:06 AM
MINI2 Premium Member
MINI2 Global Moderator

Local Time: 04:54 PM
United States Male View Sejanus's Chili Red & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
I've got no problem with your post, but for the record concerns over the CVT were raised long before 2008. For example...

http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-gen...king-cvts.html

Old Jul 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM
MINI2 Premium Member
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarley (original)
literally hundreds of threads and websites that warn you to stay away from cvt tranny

Tranny in the UK means either a Ford Transit van/pickup or a bloke dressed as a woman, wearing high heels and has hairy chest.
Which tranny are we talking about here?
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 06:43 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United States Male
In 2008 when I purchased my mini, there wasn't any information about the transmission being bad. If you had bothered to read the more than one paragraph, unabridged version of my post, you would know that.

I actually read your entire post even tho its a book .... but if you look at dates on post you can see them dating back way before 2008. which goes back to my original statement that you didnt do any research...

Quote: Originally Posted by The Nun (original)
Tranny in the UK means either a Ford Transit van/pickup or a bloke dressed as a woman, wearing high heels and has hairy chest.
Which tranny are we talking about here?

Haha ^^ thats good stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement