Viewing Cooper S Clubman tomorrow - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:20 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female

Viewing Cooper S Clubman tomorrow

Hi all, I'm Christine from Thurrock Essex. Going to look at possible new car on Saturday. Just wanted any advice on common problems, wot to look and listen out for just any help wiv my new purchase. I currently have a RenaultSport Clio 200 which I absolutely love. But just don't think it's the car for me. I purchased it last October. Lovely car but just had so many problems with it mechanically, not to add sum stupid old lady crashing into it after just 4 months of owning it! And now it's in Renault having a new gearbox put in it! I personally don't think a 4 year old car wiv under 25k on the clock should need a new box but hey, I'm no mechanic.

Not much info on their site but salesman told me it has full BMW SH and a few extras??? If I buy this car it will be my 1st ever Mini, so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 06:44 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

I bought a Mini Cooper with a full BMW MINI service history, 50k on the clock and still it's dead 10 months later.

My point…..I don't think the FSH guarantees a reliable car, so do your homework. I have just bought another 2011 MINI, Cooper S D this time. Bought via MINI Cherished at our local MINI dealer. Hoping this means more comeback and peace of mind.

I love my new one and am mature enough to realise I was simply unlucky with my first one.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Female

Ah sorry to hear about ur last car I know just how frustrating it is wen u have a new car and summit goes wrong. Ppl think I'm over exaggerating wen I say my Clio had a problem went into garage to be repaired then wiv in a month it was back in wiv another problem and so on.... I'm buying the car from main dealer so will have one year warranty. I know the warranty and full BMW SH won't protect anything going wrong wiv the car but I've got everything crossed that I've had my share of bad luck wiv the Clio.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:06 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:20 AM

United States Male

i just got my 2003 mini cooper S about 3 months ago 129,000 MI on the clock. no leak no smoke runs like a champ.

Im not sure if it applies to all years of the mini but I have heard terrible things about the cvt trans failing.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Female

Yh I've read summit about the cvt failing and they improved on it so hopefully I have the improved one the clubbie I'm looking at is 2009 reg wiv 37k on clock. Can't wait to go see and have a lil test drive tomorrow.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 10:47 PM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male

The Clubman never had the CVT auto transmission, was only fitted to earlier auto Mini's.

You might also like the Clubman Register
http://www.clubmanregister.co.uk/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Female

I'm looking at a manual so I guess I haven't gotta worry about it?? I've signed up to that forum so many members have read my thread and ONE reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.