I'm back, R57 convertible, couldn't resist
I'm back... I had an R52 when it came out, kept it a little over two years and sold it, moved on to other things...
Last week I was lookign to buy a fun convertible, either Jeep Wrangler or MCSC and I went for a second hand R57... went to pick it up on Friday, got a nice deal with most of what I wanted.
Its a 11/2009 with 33 000 km with just about every option including satnav and the auto gearbox with paddles. Its missing key less start but I really don't care.
I do have a few changes I want to do on it so I'll be asking questions...
- Remove exterior chrome (lights surounding, door handles, front grill, ...)
- Remove interior chrome (makes no sense in a convertible)
- Change wheels for clean ones, those have seen many sidewalks and remove runflat tires.
- Add driving lights (black)
- Add dog seat protection on the rear seats (labrador)
- update the Sat Nav (more later)
- At some point, change front and rear axle brushings (safety)
- Change or re upholster the steering wheel, (feels a little plasticy right now) and add black mfsw trim.
- Replace antenna for short one.
- Add black stripes
- Maybe JCW bumpers
Here is the short list for now, I'm quite sure I'll find other ideas but for now this will do I think...