Help! replaced thermostat housing assy on R56, now no boost - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2014, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States Male

Unhappy Help! replaced thermostat housing assy on R56, now no boost

Hi all, new to this site and to wrenching on Mini's. I own the 2008 Cooper S from hell! Murphy's law applies to this car in particular. I mean "C'mon 10 flat tires in 5 years! Not to mention everything else.

Well I got tired of the dealer raping me so I pulled out the old wrenches and said screw it DIY. I just replaced the Thermostat housing assy. No leaks now which is good! I had the battery disconnected for a week. I waited for the part and I don't have time during the week to work on it. I got the part from Bimmers.com and saved $40 and had it in 2 days with free shipping.

So the new part came in and placed it in the vehicle and put everything back together and put the cable back on the battery. Went to start it and it hesitated for a bit then started. It ran rough because I figured some moisture found its way in, then ran fine. Took it for a test spin after I allowed the levels of coolant level out. I went up the street and no boost! Put my foot down and it wouldn't go over 4000 rpm. I suppose that something needs to be reprogrammed now?
Can you please help me with this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2014, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States Male

Never mind I left a connector loose. Took it back a part to clean all the connectors and found it. Thanks anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply